Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Surgery Woes

Wow...it's been such a long time since I've posted and I am so sorry for that. I've had such a lot going on like so many others. But, others continue to tend to their blog. So, here goes. One of my new year goals...tend to my blog more.

Last Friday I had the most traumatic surgery to date that I've ever had. On December 26th, I had the most horrible pain. DeWayne had to take me to the ER. I had a ovarian cyst rupture. The CT they did showed I had a large cyst midline to the right ovary. So, we scheduled surgery. My GYN told me he might have to take the ovary and tube but he thought that was unlikely. Well, long story short...he had to take the ovary and tube. I have never had post op pain like this...and I've had several surgeries over the years...shoulder, gallbladder and several cysts taken out...but oh, this was bad. Today is actually the first day that I haven't had to use a pillow on my abdomen to get up out of bed or the chair. So, from that we're on the road to recovery I imagine or at least I hope.

Yesterday was DeWayne's 37th birthday. We had some friends over since I wasn't really up to going out anywhere. We saw some friends that we hadn't seen in a couple of years....which was great.

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh - I'm so sorry! As an ER nurse, I see plenty of people coming in with the same issue. Hope you feel 100% better soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much....I do. I've gotten rid of most of the gas...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about all the pain and I hope that you are up and running soon!

    ReplyDelete