Thursday, June 11, 2015

Sicilian Chicken




I am going to change gears a little tonight. I am always on the lookout for frugal and quick meals. I bought this packet of sauce several months back. It is McCormick Sicilian Chicken Sauce. I had all of the ingredients listed except for the bell pepper. I used rice instead of pasta. Also, I diced the chicken up after it browned. It seems to cook faster that way. This is the recipe from the back of the sauce packet.

1 package of McCormick Sicilian Chicken Sauce
2 T olive oil
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1 onion, cut into thin strips


Heat oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once. Remove from skillet.
Stir vegetables into skillet; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender.
Stir in sauce. Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve with cooked pasta, if desired.

I paired this with some Garlic Roasted broccoli. It was all done within 30 minutes 


No comments:

Post a Comment