Tuesday, November 18, 2014

31 Days of Social Issues

In an earlier post, I said that I was a die hard conservative and that is very true. But, I do have a tender heart towards social issues. So, I have decided to devote 31 days to a different social issue each day.

DAY ONE -WORLD HUNGER

With my conservative viewpoints, most people would believe that I was against every social injustice in their world.  Not, always the case.

In this day and age, there should never be a reason for world hunger. One definition of world hunger is the want and scarcity of food in a country. The United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization estimates that over 870 million people of the 7.1 billion people in the world, or one in eight were suffering from chronic undernourishment in 210-2012.

Children are the largest number of victims of undernutrition. Due to their undernurtition, childen suffer over 160 days of illnesses. Undernutrition is responsible for at least over 5 million deaths a year within the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment