Thursday, November 13, 2014

Give Freely

When I hear the term "Give Freely", I tend to think of giving to a cause or a charity of choice. But, I think what's more important in that term is giving freely of my time. I look after DeWayne, my mom and in the middle of job hunting...my time is much more valuable to me than giving a $10 monthly donation to a charity. I have always had a fondness for volunteering even since high school. When I was a senior at Deshler, I volunteered for the Tuscumbia Main Street Project. Since then, I have volunteered for several organizations including The American Cancer Society, The Alabama Kidney Foundation and The William Porter Foundation. Several years ago, DeWayne and I were members of the Florence Jaycees. Charity work was the foundation of the work we did there. As part of the Jaycees, we were involved in several local charities including The American Cancer Society and Safeplace.

The following is the Jaycee Creed:

No comments:

Post a Comment