Saturday, November 15, 2014

Forgive others

Forgive....hmm. That is one of the most difficult things for all of us to do no matter the circumstances. We must always forgive others for the wrongs they have caused us. Not for them, but for our sake. If you consider yourself a Christian, then you have to forgive what you consider to be the inexcusable offense. Because God has forgiven you for all that you have done. To be able to heal from the pain you have felt, you have to let it go. If you don't and hold onto that pain, you are giving others control over you. I am not saying their actions were acceptable at all, but I am willing to move on. I need to realize that I am just as much to blame for all the hurt and I have to forgive myself too in the process. During this process, I realize that the anger that I have held onto for so long has made me toxic. It affects every thing about my life.

So, I forgive and every day I become stronger and more at peace. Lastly, forgiving someone doesn't mean that I forget. It just means that I won't put myself out there to be hurt like I did again.

No comments:

Post a Comment